March 3, 2008

Faulty flatscreen TVs starting house fires

Flatscreen televisions in Australia are the cause of an increasing number of house fires, Queensland Fire and Rescue Service figures reveal, reports News.com.au.

"Televisions were found to have ignited almost 70 house fires in the past five years, with more than half of those causing extensive damage.

But other appliances, including heaters and clothes dryers, contributed to a much larger proportion of the 5251 fires started by electrical equipment in the period.

Last year, thousands of German-made Loewe television sets were recalled in Australia because of the potential fire risk. "

[via TV Barn]

emily | 5:40 PM | News | Add this this entry to your del.icio.us bookmarks. Digg This Technorati search results for this Entry
The Permanent Link to this page is: http://www.textually.org/tv/archives/2008/03/019276.htm
Google+ FaceBook rsslogo.gif
Home | AboutCopyright © 2014