September 10, 2006

Motorola suspected of releasing video clip mocking Samsung's slim phone

kt2200609101819170MO.jpgFollowing yesterday's post about a video clip claiming Samsung's Ultra Edition slimline model was easy to break, today The Korea Times reports that "Motorola was behind the production of the clip mocking the slim phone".

" Youtube.com said Motorola is responsible for the video though it didn’t intend to circulate it.

The 15-second video clip entitled "Samsung handset, easy to break at one try!’’ has been circulating on the Internet since last week. It shows a smiling young woman snapping Samsung’s 6.9-milimeter-thick mobile phone in two.

"The video has been removed at the request of the copyright owner Motorola, because its content was used without permission,’’ the Web site said.

Samsung is furious about the video, claiming it was designed to damage its reputation. A company spokesperson said on Sunday that it was unaware of Motorola’s involvement in the film, and the matter will be discussed today.

Motorola was unavailable for comment on Sunday. But an official of its Korean branch reportedly denied the accusation. "It is unthinkable that a global company like Motorola is involved in such unethical conduct,’’ the official was quoted as saying by the Yonhap news agency. "

emily | 12:04 PM | News, Buzz | Add this this entry to your del.icio.us bookmarks. Digg This Technorati search results for this Entry
The Permanent Link to this page is: http://textually.org/textually/archives/2006/09/013497.htm
Google+ FaceBook Follow Me on Pinterest
Home | About | ArchivesCopyright © 2014