December 19, 2003
Marriott bomb 'set off by mobile phone'
The car bomb which killed 12 people at Jakarat's Marriott hotel last August, was set off by a mobile phone, a suspect said at a trial yesterday, according to The Straits Times.
Right after the bombing, officials had said evidence at the scene showed that the bomb was detonated by a mobile phone, the same method allegedly used by the terror group Jemaah Islamiyah in last year's Bali bombings.
More on incidents around the world where cell phones detonated bombs.
The Permanent Link to this page is: http://www.textually.org/textually/archives/2003/12/002631.htm