October 6, 2003

Toy cell phone electrocutes child

This is kind of story intended for parents to stow away in the back of their minds as one more thing to be careful about with small children.

Cellular News reports that a seven year old Indian child was electrocuted last week when he tried to "recharge" a toy cell phone by inserting a live wire into the bottom of the toy. Local police say that they suspect the child was imitating the actions he saw others carrying out with real cell phones. The boy was rushed to hospital, but pronounced dead on arrival.

emily | 10:36 AM | News, Buzz | Add this this entry to your del.icio.us bookmarks. Digg This Technorati search results for this Entry
The Permanent Link to this page is: https://textually.org/textually/archives/2003/10/001851.htm
Google+ FaceBook Follow Me on Pinterest
Home | About | ArchivesCopyright © 2016